As we get ready to celebrate and spend time with family and friends, I find myself reflecting on the past year and asking myself — “What are you thankful for?”
I’d like to share my thoughts with you:
- I am thankful for the things I don’t know yet. It is motivating and exciting to know that in the year ahead I will have puzzles to solve, challenges to overcome, and lessons to learn.
- I am thankful for the people in my life now and the one’s I haven’t met yet. I know that expanding my connections expands me. (P.S. some of these people will prove to be challenging and frustrating. This is ok. Either way I will learn and grow from them.)
- I am thankful for early morning epiphanies. They don’t all pan out but it’s great to wake up full of ideas.
- I am thankful for the doubters, naysayers, and doomsayers. Without them we would have no one to prove wrong!
- I am thankful for my Pollyanna attitude. I strive to see the best in others and will not apologize for this! Do I get hurt sometimes? I am happy to report hardly ever!! I just think it is a better way to live your life!
- I am thankful for those disciplined, accomplished people out there who remind me that I am a work in progress and that they can be role models for me as I strive to be a more disciplined, accomplished person.
- I am thankful for the unplanned events in my life. I have been thrown into life transition which, at the time, felt overwhelming and defeating. As I look back at these events I realize that they were all opportunities to reinvent myself and invite new and wonderful people into my life.
What are you thankful for in your life? How can you begin to see your past experiences and present opportunities from a Box Free perspective? The possibilities are endless!!